#AsuultSambar :

ASUULT.NET - МОНГОЛ УЛС МАНДАН БАДРАГ!
It is currently Sep.20.19 8:29 am

All times are UTC+09:00

PostPosted: Apr.29.11 6:08 am 
Төгөлдөр гишvvн
Төгөлдөр гишvvн

...Mongolia!

Thats right, I do. However, upon hearing this my fellow Americans think I'm crazy and all of mini Mongol nzuud bi galzuu bn gj boddog :xi:

So I ask you strangers what do you think the pros and cons of living in Mongolia v. America (if you've been there or one of its westernized "first world" country equivilants) are?

Here are my top 3 of each.

America
Pro -My family and close friends all live here.
Pro -Everyday life is a bit easier (I can drive, go to the library/gym/beach, always have hot water and a stove, etc.)
Pro -The Food (especially breakfast!!!)
Con -Public Schools suck and are getting worse
Con -Between taxes, gas, and rent I'm lucky if I have enough for groceries!
Con -My job is unfulfilling and boring and if I did what I wanted to do (teach) I would be really poor for a really long time.

Mongolia
Pro -My Noxoriin family and close friends all live there.
Pro -I can do what I love (teach) and get paid well to do so (not to mention our son would an amazing school for free!)
Pro -I would actually be able to save money to go on vacations/buy an apartment/send my kid to university
Con -Winter Pollution (the cold isn't all that bad but the pollution will literally kill you given enough time)
Con -My Husband doesn't have connections in UB so has little in the way of promotion potential (plus most darga are total d-bags and totally underpay all the staff :m4: )
Con -I will forever be a gadaad xvn and get sh*t for it from random Mongolians (especially the drunk ones) and its a lot worse for my xairt hubby :(

Obviously I could go on for pages, but I want to know what you think...am I really crazy to want to live in Mongolia?

PostPosted: Apr.29.11 10:46 am 
Алдар Сууны Оргилд Хvрсэн

I only solely want to live in UB because it's the freedom with NO limits. You can pee everywhere you want haha. you can knockout a fag and give some money. Hit random girls, if that chick doesn't hit you back fck er try another one. In the US I know a bunch of illegal immigrants(Mongolians) that was staring at a white chick you know O-o from a hotel attic the chick called the police and a day later. boom got deported hahaha. You won't see that here will ya? I hate when in USA they check ID's evrytime even though I buy beers cigarettes like twice a day. The same dude asking me for the Fuxing ID. It f-ing pisses me off. Here what the f. You buy whatever you want in whatever age. I used to drink when I was like 12. Like hell you know. And look at me now . Didn't turn into an unemployed alcoholic. got a decent job blablabla. In US evrything's like. don't do that don't do this, you'll get in jail. Don't yell in your apartment the neighbors will call the cops blabla. Juusst annoying.

ps: I used to live in a small town so experiences might be different from urban cities. Hate big cities.

PostPosted: Apr.29.11 7:04 pm 
Төгөлдөр гишvvн
Төгөлдөр гишvvн

Quote:
I only solely want to live in UB ... ... ... Hate big cities.
Well technically I guess UB isn't a "big" city ... comparatively.

The freedom thing is spot on, America is really just a guilded "Luxury Prison"

PostPosted: May.02.11 1:31 pm 

I never said UB was a big city :? What I mentioned was I don't have any experience about big cities in the US.

PostPosted: May.02.11 1:57 pm 
MadeMoiselle

mongold ochxoor mongoldoo end bxaar endee uldmeer, well so confusing...

PostPosted: May.02.11 3:33 pm 
Asuult Precious Member

Quote:
I only solely want to live in UB because it's the freedom with NO limits. You can pee everywhere you want haha. you can knockout a fag and give some money. Hit random girls, if that chick doesn't hit you back fck er try another one. In the US I know a bunch of illegal immigrants(Mongolians) that was staring at a white chick you know O-o from a hotel attic the chick called the police and a day later. boom got deported hahaha. You won't see that here will ya? I hate when in USA they check ID's evrytime even though I buy beers cigarettes like twice a day. The same dude asking me for the Fuxing ID. It f-ing pisses me off. Here what the f. You buy whatever you want in whatever age. I used to drink when I was like 12. Like hell you know. And look at me now . Didn't turn into an unemployed alcoholic. got a decent job blablabla. In US evrything's like. don't do that don't do this, you'll get in jail. Don't yell in your apartment the neighbors will call the cops blabla. Juusst annoying.

ps: I used to live in a small town so experiences might be different from urban cities. Hate big cities.
so your understanding of freedom is merely a freedom to act like savages? Like pee on the streets and commit hate crime? Basically, you hate authority and order in society, the only thing that keeps the cities clean from smell of urine and crap? You hate the fact that there are different kinds of people in the world and they express themselves differently, so you like to beat on them because you're narrow-minded and ignorant? The clerks at the liquor store don't I.D you because they care if you're underage or not, they do it because there is camera and they're instructed to check I.Ds even if you look 40 years old or they have already checked your I.D 100 times before, that's part of their job and if they fail to follow the rules, consequences are big. You hate the very thing that distinguishes UB from a clean and orderly developed city, where drunken 14 year olds don't try to beat you up. And maybe you'll understand the frustration of having loud neighbors when you get old or when you get one yourself.

From what I'm reading, you don't know what freedom means at all. Your kind of freedom is not same as the one that millions of people die for every year to overthrow dictators and etc.

PostPosted: May.02.11 3:38 pm 
Asuult Precious Member

Quote:
...Mongolia!

Thats right, I do. However, upon hearing this my fellow Americans think I'm crazy and all of mini Mongol nzuud bi galzuu bn gj boddog :xi:

So I ask you strangers what do you think the pros and cons of living in Mongolia v. America (if you've been there or one of its westernized "first world" country equivilants) are?

Here are my top 3 of each.

America
Pro -My family and close friends all live here.
Pro -Everyday life is a bit easier (I can drive, go to the library/gym/beach, always have hot water and a stove, etc.)
Pro -The Food (especially breakfast!!!)
Con -Public Schools suck and are getting worse
Con -Between taxes, gas, and rent I'm lucky if I have enough for groceries!Con -My job is unfulfilling and boring and if I did what I wanted to do (teach) I would be really poor for a really long time.

Deym, I am just sorry you are only smart enough to become a public school teacher. If you had the money, you know you would live in America. :lol:

not to be a hater, but almost everyone who wrote in this thread sound like a dumb, whiny wastoid who doesn't appreciate or recognize the right kind of freedom America has to offer. Or just someone who failed in America and is choosing to live in Mongolia because she would be more successful there. LMAO. EPIC FAIL. I'm sorry guys, you can say whatever you want about me, but you know deep inside what I'm saying is the ugly truth.

PostPosted: May.02.11 7:16 pm 
Төгөлдөр гишvvн
Төгөлдөр гишvvн

Quote:
Deym, I am just sorry you are only smart enough to become a public school teacher. If you had the money, you know you would live in America. :lol:

not to be a hater, but almost everyone who wrote in this thread sound like a dumb, whiny wastoid who doesn't appreciate or recognize the right kind of freedom America has to offer. Or just someone who failed in America and is choosing to live in Mongolia because she would be more successful there. LMAO. EPIC FAIL. I'm sorry guys, you can say whatever you want about me, but you know deep inside what I'm saying is the ugly truth.

I get you...for lots of foreigners in Mongolia it is this way. As for me, I'm hardly "only smart enough to be a public school teacher" ... I studied to be a forensic Anthropologist, and got my CSI certificate, but looking at dead bodies all the time is a major downer. Currently I'm a Managment and Program Analyst, its not rocket science by any means but you gotta be smarter than your average bear to do the work. I just love teaching, and would be able to do it as a career, however there is no way I would do that here.

Now if it was just me, hell yeah I'd be in America...but my husband is Mongolian, and I'm sorry but America treats immigrants like sh*t most of the time. So unless he gets lucky, chances are he is gonna be forever stuck in some dead end job. Now Mongolia its kinda the same for him jobwise (unless you have connections, which he doesn't, not in UB anyway), but I could do a job I enjoy and make money doing it, and he could be in his own country and try (as futile as it may be) to make a difference there, or at the very least be part of Mongolia's future. And our son should know where he comes from.

As for America's freedom, I appreciate it. I fully realize how easy I have it being not only a American, but a white American. However, as the great Bob Dylan sing, "The time's they are a-changin" ... and I'm not talking about all of the crazy, apocolyptic-esq weather we've been having, I'm talking about our society. It was no thing for me and my sisters to play outside/in the woods/down the block till it was pitch black, no adult supervison. You would be crazy to that now. Want to spank your kid, sorry you can't unless you want child services to take them away and charge you with child abuse. Want to own your own home, well get ready to sign away the next 30 (or even 50!) years of your life for a mortgage that ends up costing you more in interest than the home did.

That being said, America is not at all a bad place to live...I love my country, it's my home ... however is it the best place to live...honestly, I don't really know ... I attempted to use this forum as a means to hear some informed responses (and to try and keep my mongolian skills sharp-ish), but it didn't pan out.

Ultimately the decision will probably be to go back for a few years before moving on to who knows where...in the mean time any other input is still always welcome. :-D

PostPosted: May.02.11 7:41 pm 
Asuult Precious Member

There are problems in literally EVERY part of the world, so it's your pick as to which one you want. lol

Someone very smart have said that “There” is no better a place than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”

PostPosted: May.02.11 9:55 pm 
Төгөлдөр гишvvн
Төгөлдөр гишvvн

the grass is always greener or seaweed if you're a little mermaid ^_^

PostPosted: May.03.11 1:49 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

so your understanding of freedom is merely a freedom to act like savages? Like pee on the streets and commit hate crime? Basically, you hate authority and order in society, the only thing that keeps the cities clean from smell of urine and crap? You hate the fact that there are different kinds of people in the world and they express themselves differently, so you like to beat on them because you're narrow-minded and ignorant? The clerks at the liquor store don't I.D you because they care if you're underage or not, they do it because there is camera and they're instructed to check I.Ds even if you look 40 years old or they have already checked your I.D 100 times before, that's part of their job and if they fail to follow the rules, consequences are big. You hate the very thing that distinguishes UB from a clean and orderly developed city, where drunken 14 year olds don't try to beat you up. And maybe you'll understand the frustration of having loud neighbors when you get old or when you get one yourself.

From what I'm reading, you don't know what freedom means at all. Your kind of freedom is not same as the one that millions of people die for every year to overthrow dictators and etc.

blabalbalblablabalbalblabalbalabalablabalbalablabla. :p blablabalablablalbal ablablablablabla. get a life. why So serious. you must be like 40 or something. What I mentioned above was not necessarily intended to be an outlaw or a thug thing. And who the f said I'd beat up people cuz they don't think the same as me? You know what those some whites obviously distinguish asians mexicans, blacks (they thought i'm an asian american or something I didn't have a mere accent not bragging maybe I have now cuz it's been like 4 years without anglais)from Caucasian descent. You can just see it right in front of you. 2 college whites come get their budlights and boros without getting checked a moment later the usual Slanted eyed chinese looking guy comes in gets checked. All the time I mean all the time. damn it. It's almost like as if the clerk is humiliating you. Besides the the neighbor I used to live had over 50 college students, randomly getting drunk doing crazy stuff peeing everywhere getting loud and noisy like puke on our lawn. And as soon as we woohoo they complain like a little bit.ch. I said I hated that part. it's just me, just my neighborhood. I didn't say I hate The United States of America you Mrs. IlivedinUSforalongtimesostfuwidemindeddumasafux:P I enjoyed small towns, the church the community blablabla the atmosphere seemed nice. you know those people flee and come to Mongolia for funner and thrilling life doncha. lived in US for like 6 months so I said my experience might vary from others. I won't say I am right but then hey can't say you're right either.

And who r u to preach me about freedom. I know my rules better than you do.

PostPosted: May.03.11 2:09 pm 

zaza too much fuss sry togoldormaa.

PostPosted: May.07.11 2:57 am 
Ургах Нарны Улаан Цацраг
Ургах Нарны Улаан Цацраг

gadaad girl, first of all u sound like a complete retard but im gonna waste a bit of my time with u hehe

so anyway, starting with a bit of an introduction, im inner mongolian myself, and have been living here for the past year and a half. ill try and list a couple reasons as to why i decide to reside here and also why am i happy with my stay here in UB so far (its the truth btw), and hopefully it helps u to form ur thoughts when u come to ur BIG CONCLUSION.

well, for me the main reason why i came here was because my dad is well established here, therefore being here ensures a brighter future than for example being a poor budget student in the UK. so if u imagine being a student in the UK who lives in dormitory, have no connection, and lots of uncertainties ahead - who gives a damn about the quality of life and whatnot when u can enjoy a much better life elsewhere?

i dislike UB for the same reason u do, like the smoke pollution, traffic, lots of rude folks around etc etc, but mongolia is also known for having a gender ratio of i think 6 female to 4 male, and the ladies here are more easy-to-have then elsewhere which is something i can take it to my own advantage :p in fact i know of this guy from the US, who loves it here because of that~! let me tell u a secret, normally i choose not to brag about my past sex history but ive slept with quite a few stunners now, 1 of them being a model. oh and how can i resist an off-road trip in a fancy SUV, haha~!

the other thing about me is that im DEEPLY DEEPLY interested in traditional mongolian instruments/music/dace and eager to learn, so being in UB also serves to achieve those values as well, given that UB accommodates nearly half the population of the country. but i dont think ure the kind of person who understands that so ill make it very short. hehe

PostPosted: May.08.11 1:24 am 
Ариун Гэгээний Бэлгэдэл Гишvvн
Ариун Гэгээний Бэлгэдэл Гишvvн

Quote:
Someone very smart have said that “There” is no better a place than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
well said

PostPosted: May.10.11 7:21 am 
<b><font color=#000099>• Moderator</font></b>

:whip:

Last edited by ЯнжинЛхам on Dec.18.12 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May.10.11 7:29 am 
<b><font color=#000099>• Moderator</font></b>

:whip:

Last edited by ЯнжинЛхам on Dec.18.12 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May.10.11 10:57 am 
Ахмад Гишvvн
Ахмад Гишvvн

Эрхэм нөхдөд энэ өдрийн мэнд хүргэе.
Сайхан ч өдөр байна. Сайн багш нарын эрэлт хатаж яваа надад хүндэлж явдаг багшийнхаа танилцуулахгүй юу?
Сайн багш нараа магтан дуулъя
---> http://tinyurl.com/43homaa <---

PostPosted: May.26.11 12:00 pm 
U can teach and save? damn must be paying bank for foreign teachers back there.

Unless you got connections and money in Mgl, life is tough, I agree.

As an engineer I would rather live in Canada/Aussie/NZ/USA where I am respected and payed accordingly. I ain't going back unless I got several top notch job offers or several business ideas and adequate startup funding. Girls? meh, brainless sluts are everywhere. Just gotta know how to hit the right spots and say the right words. Stupid women who are only good for their crotch gets old fast.

PostPosted: Jun.21.11 12:03 am 
Төгөлдөр гишvvн
Төгөлдөр гишvvн

@Dr. Mundag ...
after all the perks (i.e. free airfair/housing) you can save a lot if you don't blow it partying every weekend, the salary to cost of living ratio is redunk.

@ЯнжинЛхам ...
if you look I don't say that I have a bad job, its a boring and unfulfilling job, my job is actually pretty good but I'd rather be a teacher

I fail to see how I'm responsible for taxes and gas, but say I got a "better" job; this would require relocation (most likely to a major city all which currently have double-digit unemployment rates btw), taxes more or less stay the same and gas would increase for the city location, not to mention housing and cost of living (sure I could find a cheaper place w/ a shorter commute but I refuse to live in the ghetto)

Yeah public schools are getting worse every year (again I fail to see how this is my fault). I was lucky in that: I enjoyed school and could pretty much teach myself, I had educated involved parents to help me out, we always lived in the top school districts so you had a good chance of getting a teacher who actually cared; and guess what I got a full ride academic scholarship to my University. Doesn't change the fact that the schools suck. Private school in america will put you back at least $10K a year (and thats for religious private schools who don't even require teachers to be certified, International type schools are easily $30K for elementary grades). I taught at a Mongolian public school, they are a joke, grades mean nothing, and you can graduate w/o ever learning to even read. However, our kid would go to private school for free in Mongolia (another teacher perk).

Living expense in Mongolia is more???...honey where were/are you shopping because I definately spend more on groceries/apparel/appliances/etc. here in than I did in Mongolia.

RE your list:
America is definately a more fun enviornment to grow up in (the safer is debatable depending on where you live)
Mongolia is totally cold and dirty but have you ever been to Philly (aka "Filthadelphia") in mid winter??? Again location is key
as for the disrespectful, uneducated, SoBs that populate Mongolia, we got them here too...you just gotta choose the company you keep

PostPosted: Jun.29.11 1:30 pm 
Asuult Precious Member

have you been in UB Mongolia?
if you have how long was it?

PostPosted: Jun.29.11 6:02 pm 
Төгөлдөр гишvvн
Төгөлдөр гишvvн

I was in Choibalsan for 1 year, Tov aimagiin Altanbulag soum for 1 year, and then UB for about 1 year

PostPosted: Oct.01.11 5:34 am 
Ургах Нарны Улаан Цацраг
Ургах Нарны Улаан Цацраг

tough for me....athletes travel everywhere every month or so...after i get old....mongolia comprehende

PostPosted: Oct.01.11 6:17 pm 
Асуулт Самбарын Ахлах Манаач

Quote:
I was in Choibalsan for 1 year, Tov aimagiin Altanbulag soum for 1 year, and then UB for about 1 year

girl, i think you should pursue ur thoughts of living in ub. :wd:

GOOD LUCK!

PostPosted: Oct.05.11 12:31 am 
Шинэков Гишvvн
Шинэков Гишvvн

h

PostPosted: Dec.14.11 1:40 pm 
Өсөх Ирээдvйтэй Гишvvн
Өсөх Ирээдvйтэй Гишvvн

I want to live in Himalay, Iceland, Sky and ocean... :razz:

PostPosted: Dec.10.12 10:17 pm 
Эзэрхийлэгч Гишvvн